Charlestown House Destroyed After Accidental Fire

Residents escaped death


Article heading image for Charlestown House Destroyed After Accidental Fire

A Charlestown house has been destroyed by fire after a man fell asleep while cooking.

Emergency service crews were called to Wakal Street just before 1 am on Tuesday morning.

More than 20 firefighters worked for almost an hour extinguishing flames saving three nearby homes from destruction.

The latest Newcastle briefing

The man inside the home suffered burns to his arm and smoke inhalation and was transported to hospital in a stable condition.

A second man also suffered burns and required medical assistance at the scene.

Charlestown fire crews are reminding locals that calling Triple Zero can be the difference between life and death.

For Australians looking for intelligent and unbiased news coverage, join renowned journalist Natarsha Belling on Your Morning Agenda for breaking national and international stories as well as the top business and finance stories - every weekday from 6:30am on Listnr

Hit News Team

9 November 2021

Article by:

Hit News Team




Listen Live!
Up Next