A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Trans Access Road, in an area bounded by Kitchener Station to the east and Chifley Station to the west, in the CITY OF KALGOORLIE-BOULDER.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fires are burning on both sides of the Trans Access Road. Smoke will impact the road.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The fires are moving slowly in a northerly direction.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the CITY OF KALGOORLIE-BOULDER.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the situation.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE: