Bushfire ADVICE for people in the vicinity of Great Eastern Highway and Woolgangie Dam in Goldfields Woodlands National Park in the SHIRE OF COOLGARDIE
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people people in the vicinity of Great Eastern Highway and Woolgangie Dam in Goldfields Woodlands National Park in the SHIRE OF COOLGARDIE.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started in Goldfields Woodlands National Park
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF COOLGARDIE.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on their way.
DRONES AND AERIAL SUPPORT:
Never fly a drone, model aircraft or multirotor near bushfires. Doing so poses a major safety risk to firefighting personnel in the air and on the ground, and forces aircraft to be grounded or redirected, hindering firefighting efforts.
- The fire was reported at 04:32 PM on 3 December 2018.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.