A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people travelling along Forrest Highway, near Pead Road, south of the Myalup Roadhouse, in BINNINGUP in the SHIRE OF HARVEY.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of Forrest Highway and Taranto Road in Binningup.
- There is smoke over Forrest Highway.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a easterly direction.
- It is contained and under control.
- The fire is burning on the western side of Forrest Highway.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au or by contacting the Shire of Harvey.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- Approximately eight Bush Fire Service firefighters are attending.
- The fire was reported at 11:53 AM on 3 November 2017 and currently there has been approximately two hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is accidental.
- The Shire of Harvey is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.
The next update to be provided by 11am tomorrow unless the situation changes.