Emergency crews are currently working to restore power to nearly 3,700 homes and businesses across Blue Mountains energy networks which have been affected by today’s strong winds.
The Bureau of Meteorology has issued severe weather warnings for damaging winds in parts of the Blue Mountains, Southern Highlands and South Coast for today ahead of an approaching cold front expected to hit NSW between Friday and Saturday, July 12-13.
The strong winds have brought down trees and branches over powerlines interrupting power supply in the following areas:
- Southern Highlands- Thirlmere (722), Bowral (518), High Range (195), Kangaroo Valley (102), Woodlands (85), Yanderra (37) and Tahmoor (33)
- Blue Mountains- Bilpin (259), Hazelbrook (206), Bullaburra (144) Mount Tomah (72), Berambing (69), Woodford (37) and Linden (27)
- South Coast- Milton (426), Ulladulla (187), Little Forest (89), North Nowra (69) and Yatte Yattah (67)
According to Endeavour Energy, there are currently 96 electrical hazards reported since the early hours of this morning and emergency crews are patrolling affected areas to repair any damaged parts of the network to safely restore power supply.
The strong winds are predicted to remain throughout today, Endeavour Energy recommends that customers:
- keep at least 8 metres away from fallen power lines and report them by calling our emergency number 131 003
- move vehicles under cover or away from trees
- secure or put away loose items around their house, yard and balcony.
Customers can check on estimated restoration times throughout today by entering your suburb into the power outage application at endeavourenergy.com.au or by downloading the Endeavour Energy outage app from iTunes or Google Playstore.
Stay safe people!