Tassie's air quality is listed as one of the worst in the world right now
Smoke pollution is causing issues
The EPA has released current air monitoring of the state showing parts of Tasmania's air quality are rated as "Very Unhealthy" due to the high level of smoke pollution.
Hobart was this morning rated 9th on the list of the world's worst air pollution.
The Asthma Foundation have the following information to help keep asthma sufferers safe:
High smoke levels
- If you are asthmatic, make sure your blue/grey reliever medication is at hand
- Stay indoors and keep windows and doors closed
- Minimise physical outdoor activity
- If using an air conditioner/heat pump at home or in the car, set it to ‘recycle’
- Try to minimise exposure to other irritants such as cigarette smoke and dust
The department of Health also have a number of tips:
For real-time updates on our air quality, head here: http://waqi.info/