Juelz finally ticked 'Make something from scratch' off her never ending bucket list!
She made a Burrito Pie and it was AMAZING!
Want to make it at home?
What you'll need:
- 500g beef mince
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 2 tsp minced garlic
- black olives, sliced (as desired)
- Jalapeños sliced (as desired)
- 1 can diced tomatoes
- 1 can corn
- 1 packet taco/burrito seasoning
- 1 can refried beans
- 6 flour tortillas
- Microwaveable Mexican rice pack
- 500g cheese or more of you desire
- Guacamole, sour cream and nachos for topping
How to make it:
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees.
- In a large skillet over medium heat, saute the mince beef for 5 minutes. Add the onion and garlic, and saute for 5 more minutes until beef is no longer pink. Drain any excess fat, if desired. Mix in the olives, jalapeños, tomatoes, taco/burrito seasoning. Stir mixture thoroughly, reduce heat to low, and let simmer for 30 minutes.
- Spread a thin layer of beans on the tortillas 4. Layer in pan: 2 tortillas on the base then add 1cm layer of mince then cheese then lay another tortilla on top and repeat process until you fill the dish.
- Bake for 30 to 40 minutes in the preheated oven, or until cheese is slightly brown and bubbly.
- Top with gacamole, sour cream and nachos