If you know anything about up and coming Aussie actors, then the name Lucy Fry should ring a few bells for you.
The 25-year-old Australian is currently starring in the Netflix movie Bright, alongside Hollywood heavy-weights Will Smith, Joel Edgerton and Noomi Rapace.
To say that’s a big achievement in the acting realms is somewhat of an understatement.
We’re sure you’re all rushing to the streaming service to get your fix of this new magical film, but take a few minutes to get to know all you can about this Aussie star who’s making it big in Hollywood and is sure to become a household name in no time.
Lucy's Big Breaks
Lucy got her start on the children’s show Lighting Point, playing an alien who has come to earth to surf some killer waves.
From there, she guest starred in Aussie show Reef Doctors, and starred as one of the leads in another Jonathan Shiff production, Mako Mermaids - the spinoff from popular series H2O Just Add Water.
Her big break came in the form of the lead role in the Hollywood film adaptation of the book series Vampire Academy, which saw her star alongside Zoey Deutch and Claire Foy.
Lucy has since starred in a string of films, from The Preppie Connection, 11.22.63, Now Add Honey, Mr Church and The Darkness.
She re-appeared on Aussie screens as the lead in the recent Wolf Creek TV series and blew our socks off!
Now, she’s starring as the elf Tikka in Bright and we’re beyond excited to see her thrive in the film!
Here’s some other quick facts on Lucy to keep up on!
- She grew up in Brisbane, but has been living in LA for five years now.
- Her full name is Lucy Elizabeth Fry.
- Since starting acting, her dream has been to play an elf - and now she has!
- She loves learning languages that don’t exist (Elvish!) and had to learn Reiki to play Tikka.
- She is a major The Lord of the Rings fan and has a crush on Aragorn.
- She was a runner up in the Girlfriend Model Search when she was 15.
- When she wakes up in the morning, she writes down her dreams
- Her dream is to work with Guillermo del Toro one day.
Keep your eyes peeled for this Aussie, Lucy is going places!