Just hours after completing his final found of chemotherapy, Johnny Ruffo took part in the ‘Walk to Save our Sons’, a charity walk for children with Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy.
Today, actor and musician Johnny Ruffo showed his support to those battling Duchenne's Muscular Dystrophy by taking part in the 'Walk to Save our Sons', a whopping 150km walk around Sydney to help raise awareness for the disease.
Ruffo only just completed his final round of chemotherapy this morning, after being diagnosed with brain cancer last year.
Speaking with TODAY, the 29-year-old said that compared to these children, he's "blessed".
“I'll pull through it… I’m blessed, in comparison," he said. “At the end of the day, these kids have it far worse than I do. [They] will be lucky to live to 25 or 30, whereas I’m 30 on Thursday.”
Ruffo has managed to raise over $20K so far to go towards finding a cure for the disease.
Duchenne’s Muscular Dystrophy is a common muscular disease amongst children, affecting one in 3500 boys.
In August last year, Ruffo shared with his fans that he had been diagnosed with brain cancer.
"So i have the news. It was a bit of a shock and i've got an interesting journey ahead and a bit of a battle. I am starting aggressive treatment for the next few months to fight the diagnosis of brain cancer. Please stay positive for me and ill try to update you guys on my progress," he wrote on Instagram.