We’ve all picked or poked a pimple at some point in our lives – but this story will stop you from ever doing it again.
21-year-old Katie Wright tried picking at a pimple near her eyebrow and ended up in hospital!
"A week ago I decided to pick at what I thought was a giant under the skin pimple because it had been hurting for a while and got too painful to ignore," Katie wrote on Twitter. "Within an hour my entire face swelled up and HURT. It felt like something was going to burst out of my skin."
She made her way to the emergency room, where she discovered it wasn’t a pimple but was actually Cellulitis, a version of a staph infection.
Luckily Katie was able to get treated in hospital, and the infection went away after several days.
She believed that it caused cause by bacteria on her eyebrow brush pencil, and she urged other people to make sure they wash their brushes regularly.
“It’s a small thing to do avoid a painful, expensive and traumatising infection on your face,” she said.