Who hasn't gone to McDonald's and wished that they were able to put their special sauces on their own food at home?!
Well, someone decided that we should be able to have at least one of these precious dipping sauces to ourselves and leaked the recipe on the interweb.
Reddit user Xeropoint did some careful digging and somehow created something ever so similar to the real 'Mulan' Szechuan Sauce.
Yes, THAT Szechuan Sauce.
Whilst it may not taste EXACTLY the same, it still sounds pretty tasty.
Please, try this at home:
"1. Mince six cloves of garlic and sweat (heat up in a skillet).
2. Add four tablespoons of balsamic vinegar.
3. Add soy sauce to taste (DO NOT USE LOW SODIUM SAUCE)
4. Add two tablespoons of Plum Sake (Drink additional 3oz Plum Sake)
5. Reduce sauce slightly (Drink additional 3oz Plum Sake)
6. Add 3 1/2 table spoons cock sauce (Sriracha)
7. Add two tablespoons of brown sugar
8. Add red pepper flakes to taste
9. Add minced ginger to taste
10. Consume remaining Plum Sake
"Simmer that s*** for a solid 5 minutes, stirring pretty much constantly.
"The brown sugar helps it keep the proper consistency, so it’s important to use.
"Play around with the recipe to your taste. Might want more or less Balsamic Vinegar. Might want more or more Plum Sake.
"I’d definitely recommend you make it several times to figure out your own flavour."
Again, it may not taste exactly like 1998's iconic sauce, but you could probably get pretty close.
We need to do some grocery shopping...
Anyone know where we can get some Plum Sake?!