Image credit: NBC / 30 Rock
There's a new 'miracle food' that's taking over the Internet called Cloud Bread... because, uh, it's zero carb bread!
Now, the majority of us love a good loaf or two, but of course, there's the burden of knowing that you're consuming x-amounts of carbs and we need to face the fact that our bodies aren't handling it like they used to.
So, what if we told you that there's a carb-free, gluten-free, AND sugar-free bread out there, which is still technically bread and not a bread-like substitute which tastes like sheetrock?
Well, there is and it's called Cloud Bread.
Image credit: Mindovermunch.com
The bread itself is also extremely easy to make. It consists of only five ingredients and only needs to be baked for a max time of 20 minutes!
- 1/2 tsp baking powder, room temperature (or cream of tartar)
- 3 tablespoons of cream cheese, full fat
- 3 eggs
- 1/8 teaspoons salt
- 2-3 teaspoons sweetener (optional)
- Preheat oven to 150°c with trays covered with baking paper
- Separate the yolks from your eggs
- Add cream cheese, sweetener, and salt to the yolks. Whisk to combine, until there are no lumps.
- Add baking powder to egg whites. Whip until stiff peaks form!
- Gently mix together yolk and whites mixtures. Combine until you have a nice, cohesive light yellow mixture
- Transfer dollops of the mixture onto your preheated pans and flatten out using the back of a spoon to make your bread
- Bake for 15–20 minutes or until a nice golden brown!
Could this be too good to be true?!
Are you going to give carb-free bread a go? Let us know in the Facebook comments!