Freedom Foods has just launched a brand-new range of wholegrain muesli and muesli bars called Barley+, which brings new innovation to the health food aisle... and brings a whole new meaning to breakfast.
This new range of wholegrain muesli and muesli bars includes a superior wholegrain called BARLEYmax™, developed by the CSIRO, as its key ingredient, which contains exceptional levels of all three types of fibre.
Just one 50g serve of Barley+ Muesli delivers almost 2 serves of wholegrains, putting you well on target to your recommended daily intake.
BARLEYmaxTM was developed by Australia’s CSIRO as part of their research into grains with higher fibre content and enhanced nutritional benefits.
Freedom Foods Group has exclusively partnered with Coles to sell this exciting new Barley+ range
They have created some epic recipes with their products that are going to change the game for breakfast forever!
- 1 cup Barley+ porridge
- 2 ½ cups Almond milk
- 1 grated apple
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tbsp cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon powdered matcha green tea
- 1 cup toasted coconut (half for topping)
- 1-2 fresh figs
- Stir the banana, oats, honey, apple, cinnamon, almond milk and matcha together in a small container.
- Cover and refrigerate overnight
- Stir, transfer the oats to a bowl if desired
- Style with figs and remaining coconut on top
- 2 cups Barley+ Cranberry & Nut Muesli
- 1/2 Cup nut butter (cacao nut butter)
- 1/4 cup coconut oil
- 1/2 cup coconut yoghurt & seasonal fruit (for topping)
- Pulse muesli if too thick
- Add coconut oil and nut butter and mix until the mixture sticks together. Use your hands or a fork as needed.
- Spread the mixture into lined pan/baking dish and press down firmly with a spatula or the bottom of a glass cup.
- Place baking sheet in freezer for 10 minutes
- Top pizza with yoghurt and fruits and serve!
Turmeric Mango Smoothie Bowl
- 1 frozen banana
- 1/2 cup plain unsweetened yoghurt, non-diary if desired
- 1/2 cup frozen mango cubes
- 2 tblsp nut butter
- 1/2 teaspoon ground turmeric
- Splash of non-diary milk
- 50g Barley+ Pink lady & Macadamia muesli (for toppings)
- 1 tbsp chia seeds (for toppings)
- Coconut flakes (for toppings)
- Blend banana, yoghurt, mango, nut butter, turmeric, chia adding more milk if needed to get the blender going
- You want the smoothie to be really thick so it will hold the toppings
- Top with Barley+ pink lady & macadamia muesli, coconut flakes and chia seeds and serve!
Download the Hit Network app here to keep up with all your favourites!