Once you have completed and recorded a minimum of 50 supervised driving hours in your Learner Guide and Log Book and you are at least 17 years of age, you can sit the Practical Driving Assessment (PDA).
To increase the availability and improve customer service for residents living in the Shire of Northam and the Avon Valley, Northam Licensing Centre are trialling a new bookings system for Practical Driving Assessments. To make a PDA booking for the following classes - C, R, LR or MR you can call the Shire of Northam on 9622 6100.
To sit your Practical Driving Assessment (PDA) you must:
- Be a minimum of 17 years of age.
- Have completed a minimum of 50 supervised driving hours, including at least five hours at night (between sunset and sunrise).
- Present your Log Book - ensuring that your declaration of completion has been signed by you and your supervising driver. You must bring your entire Learner Guide and Log Book with you.
- Provide a roadworthy vehicle of the correct class for your assessment.
- Present your learner's permit.
- Arrive at least 10 minutes before your scheduled appointment.
- Ensure that the vehicle you are taking the assessment in has a centrally mounted hand brake accessible to the driving assessor.
- Present your primary and secondary identification.
For more information on how to prepare for your PDA visit: https://www.transport.wa.gov.au/licensing/step-5-pass-practical-assessment.asp