Bushfire ADVICE for 21km north-west of Boddington in SHIRE OF BODDINGTON
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the vicinity of Hume Tank Road in the Shire of Boddington .
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF BODDINGTON.
RECREATION SITE CLOSURE:
The fire is affecting the Bibbulmun Track between White Horse Hills and Mt Wells campsites, and the track will be closed between Dwellingup and North Bannister.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene constructing containment lines.
- The fire was reported at 12:06 PM on 24 November 2017 and currently there has been 10 hectares burnt.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is now managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.