More details to come...
A bushfire EMERGENCY WARNING has been issued for people in an area east of South West Highway, north of Argyle Road, and near Myrtle Ridge, Hetherington Road, Hooker Street , Hurst Road and the surrounding areas
- You are in danger and need to act immediately to survive. There is a threat to lives and homes.
- The fire started near the intersection of HURST RD and HOOKER ST in GWINDINUP.
- burning towards Argyle and Donnybrook.
WHAT TO DO:
- If the way is clear, leave now for a safer place.
- Do not wait and see, leaving at the last minute is deadly.
- If your plan is to stay and actively defend, do not rely on mains water pressure as it may be affected. If you have access to a water tank and plan to defend your home, start patrolling with your hose and put out spot fires.
- If you cannot leave, you need to get ready to shelter in your home and actively defend it.
- If you are not at home, it is too dangerous now to return.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a south easterly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF CAPEL.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene and actively fighting the fire.
- Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
- DFES is managing the fire.