Firefighters have worked quickly to contain and control a fire in the Shire of Beverley.
An ADVICE has now been issued for people south east of Springhill Road, west of York-Williams Road and north of Westdale Road in parts of DALE in the Shire of Beverley.
The fire was threatening homes and properties for a couple of hours this afternoon.
There is still plenty of smoke in the area and motorists are asked to take caution on the roads.
Full details below.
Bushfire ADVICE for parts of DALE in the SHIRE OF BEVERLEY
A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people south east of Springhill Road, west of York-Williams Road and north of Westdale Road in parts of DALE in the SHIRE OF BEVERLEY.
- The alert level for this fire has been downgraded as the fire is contained and under control
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of SPRINGHILL RD and COOKE RD in DALE.
WHAT TO DO:
- Stay alert and monitor your surroundings.
- Watch for signs of a bushfire, especially smoke and flames.
- Close all doors and windows, and turn off evaporative air conditioners but keep water running through the system if possible.
- Read through your bushfire survival plan.
- If you do not have a plan decide what you will do if the situation gets worse.
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- It is contained and under control.
- It is stationary.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the SHIRE OF BEVERLEY.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are patrolling the area and mopping up.
- Volunteer Bush Fire Brigade firefighters are in attendance.
- The fire was reported at 12:59 PM on 21 March 2018 and currently there has been 217 hectares burnt.
- DFES is managing the fire.