Bushfire WATCH AND ACT for the eastern part of Margaret River and western part of ROSA BROOK in SHIRE OF AUGUSTA-MARGARET RIVER
A bushfire WATCH AND ACT has been issued for people in an area bounded by Barrett Road, Rosa Brook Road and Neilson Road, and including Blain Road, in Margaret River and Rosa Brook in SHIRE OF AUGUSTA-MARGARET RIVER.
- There is a possible threat to lives and homes as a fire is approaching in the area and conditions are changing.
- You need to leave or get ready to actively defend.
- The fire started near BLAIN ROAD in ROSA BROOK.
- It is burning towards Bramley National Park
WHAT TO DO:
- If you are not prepared or you plan to leave, leave now if the way is clear.
- If you are well prepared and plan to actively defend your home, make final preparations now.
- If you are not at home, do not try to return as conditions in the area could be very dangerous.
- Close all doors and windows and turn off evaporative air conditioners, but keep water running through the system if possible.
- The bushfire is moving fast in a north westerly direction.
- It is out of control and unpredictable.
Via Barrett Road in a southerly direction. Do not head in a northerly direction.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Roads have not been closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF AUGUSTA-MARGARET RIVER.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene and actively fighting the fire.
- 60 career, Bush Fire Service, Department of Parks and Wildlife, volunteer Fire and Rescue Service firefighters are attending.
- Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
- Shire of Augusta Margaret River is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter @dfes_wa, or listen to news bulletins.