A bushfire ADVICE has been issued for people in the area bounded by Great Southern Highway, Talbot West Road, Nganguring Road and Bunyip Road in the western part of WOOTTATING in the SHIRE OF NORTHAM.
- There is no threat to lives or homes.
- There is a lot of smoke in the area.
- Although there is no immediate danger you need to be aware and keep up to date in case the situation changes.
- The fire started near the intersection of GREAT SOUTHERN HIGHWAY and TALBOT WEST ROAD in WOOTTATING.
WHAT TO DO:
- Be extremely careful when driving through the area.
- Turn your headlights on and drive slowly.
- Watch for emergency services personnel and follow their directions.
- If you cannot see clearly, pull over, keep your headlights and hazard lights on, and wait until the smoke clears.
- If you have a respiratory condition and you have been affected by smoke you should contact your local doctor or call Health Direct on 1800 022 222.
- The bushfire is moving slowly in a westerly direction.
- It is a small controllable fire.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Some roads may be closed.
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR by contacting the Shire of Northam.
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are on the scene, actively fighting the fire.
- 20 volunteer Fire and Rescue Service, Bush Fire Service, Parks and Wildlife Service firefighters are attending.
- Aerial support has been sent to assist ground crews.
- The Shire of Northam are also in attendance.
- The fire was reported at 10:09 AM on 20 March 2018 and currently there has been 3 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is unknown.
- DFES is managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE: