Saturday July 21 is one of the most anticipated racing events of the year, the Townsville Jaguar Land Rover Ladies Race Day, and it's going to be warm!
With a top of 27 on the cards, it'll be a day where preparation is key.
- Warmer temps in the air, means a higher chance of sweat causing painful blisters (and no one wants those!) so make sure extra band aids are crammed into your clutch.
- Sweaty selfies can't be saved by Insta filters, so keep some makeup pads close by or a tissue to dab away the sweat beads before you smile.
- Unless you're planning on using 24 hour stay makeup for every single product you'll need, there's a good chance you'll need to touch up across the afternoon. So keep a cotton bud with your lippy on it, or some powder in your bag to keep your look fresh, and not shiny.
- ONE FOR THE BOYS: bog arm. This doesn't look good on anyone, so lads seek shade when possible, and keep arms-up-in-the-air-photos to a minimal.
- Water is your friend every day of the year, but even more so on race day. It'll be warm, plus no one wants that throbbing headache on Sunday, so balance out your glass of vino/beer/UDL/pimms with a glass of water too!
Have the best time and don't forget to add #thisistownsville to your selfies!