Image credit: Thomas Shore Facebook
Heartache has struck a Townsville family, just days away from Christmas.
The family lost all of their Christmas gifts in the fire which sparked late on Sunday night, and engulfed the front of the home.
One of the occupants of the home owns local business Missy Moo's Coffee, which is now not operating until further notice.
Firies say it took around 40 minutes to control the blaze and want to remind the public to make sure their fire safety plans are up to date.
Facebook has been flooded with messages of support to the family.
As of Tuesday 10:30am it is unknown what triggered the fire.