how to really enjoy your Summer.
1. Spritz, spritz and then spritz again. If you want to feel the cooling mist of happiness instead of the steamy sweat of sadness, go buy yourself a cheap spray bottle and then spray it into the fan darling.
2. Did your Mum ever make icypoles out of Cottee’s Cordial? Mine too. Relive the summer moments pouring that delicious fruit cup then adding a paddle pop stick from the box you polished off earlier. Better yet buy an actual icy pole mould set – that way you won’t have to hold the stick in place whilst it’s freezing!
3. A bit of summer star gazing is delightful. Firstly, if you’re single – hello date night! Nothing says romance like lying under the stars and fighting over which star is the brightest. Secondly, if you’re in a relationship – hello silence! Enjoy a lay down without having to chinwag, and if you fall asleep it’ll be too dark for your significant other to notice! Thirdly – Hello Townsville’s humidity! Get a sense of what it might be like to live on your favourite planet – I’m looking at you Venus with your 462 degrees Celsius!
4. Summer is about getting out and about. It’s about trying new things and making new memories – but it’s also about finally having enough time to binge whole seasons on Netflix. Seasons 1 to 8 of Full house you say? Challenge accepted.
5. Your fridge is stocked full of leftovers from those party posse catch ups. Time to play ‘Food Poisoning Roulette’. Is the Ham still good? Is that cauliflower and cheese sauce still fresh? Has the wine gone bad? Who knows?! That’s the summer fun of ‘Food Poisoning Roulette’.