Pet Owners Beware: Reports Poisoned Dog Treats Placed Around Bondi

Warning!

Pet Owners Beware: Reports Poisoned Dog Treats Placed Around Bondi

Pet owners around the Bondi area are urged to be on high alert, following reports that poisoned dog treats have been placed around the suburb.

A post on a community Facebook page showed a small, white package found on Lamrock Avenue.

It has also been claimed that a family dog has died.

A spokesperson from Waverley council told Hit that the Council is aware of the situation.

We can confirm Council did receive a call on Sunday from a resident concerned there was an attempt to poison dogs in the area. Rangers attended the area and were unable to find any substance. Council’s Public Place Cleansing team also attended the area, and did a sweep but didn’t find anything. Council takes any report of dog poisoning seriously. At the moment, we have been unable to find any evidence that this is occurring.

- Waverley Council spokesperson

Anyone taking their pooch for a walk is advised to keep them on a leash and watch them closely while outside.

Cat owners have also reportedly been told to stay alert.

;