Image Credit: Channel Nine News
A fire has broken out in a kebab shop in Western Sydney leaving surrounding shops “completely gutted.”
Earlier this morning, emergency crews were called to the scene of a large shop fire at Auburn.
According to reports, local residents rushed to help save the building and rescue those living above the shopping strip…. but instead witnessed it going up in flames.
Thankfully, no one was hurt.
The shop was only recently renovated and it is believed it started in the kitchen.
The fire is now under control after 8 fire trucks rushed to the scene.
According to Seven News, the damage is severe.
Channel 7 reporter, Jessica Dietrich said the shop had been “completely gutted”.
“There were huge flames, smoke could be seen for kilometres and people on the train could smell the pungent smoke.”
“There was real concern for residents. A store owner down the street knocked on the door and helped residents evacuate.