Man Sustains Serious Burns After Electric Shock From Powerlines

Horrible incident in Sydney's west.

Man Sustains Serious Burns After Electric Shock From Powerlines Stock image

A man has sustained serious burns after being shocked by powerlines in Sydney's west.

The man, in his 20s, was operating a scissor lift on Glossop Street in St Marys when he came into contact with high voltage powerlines.

Emergency services were called to the scene just after 10.20am, with the man's clothes catching fire during the incident.

He was treated at the scene by NSW Ambulance, before being airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital.

He is in a serious condition, but his injuries are not life-threatening.

SafeWork NSW and Nepean Police will be investigating.

;