A man in his 60s has died after collapsing in the heat on a Sydney golf course.
The man suffered a cardiac arrest after fainting at around lunchtime at Woolooware.
It took just six minutes for paramedics to rush to the scene, and did all they could to save him.
Tragically he suffered a cardiac arrest and could not be revived.
So far today paramedics have attended 55 cases of heat, dizziness, fainting and entrapment across NSW, the highest in the Sydney Metro Area.
Paramedics are reminding people of the need to understand heatstroke can be a killer, and not to take their health for granted.
“We really want the public to stay inside, drink water and avoid physical activity," Chief Superintendent Alan Morrison said.
“These kinds of conditions can have very serious health effects."