12KG Of Cocaine Seized In NSW

Eighteen people charged

12KG Of  Cocaine Seized In NSW

Nearly $2 million has been seized along with more than 12kg of cocaine and illegal firearms as NSW Police bust three alleged crime rings.

Eighteen people were charged with 117 offences in a joint investigation between the NSW Police Organised Crime Squad and the Australian Criminal Intelligence Commission, a police statement says.

An alleged cocaine supply syndicate was trafficking the drug from Thailand and police say they also busted an internationally-based money laundering ring operating in Sydney.

More than $1.7 million cash, 12.25kg of cocaine, 6.2kg of ice, 1000 MDMA tablets, seven illegal firearms, and six vehicles have been seized during the investigations which began in 2016.

"Throughout this investigation, strike force officers have traced financial transactions and unravelled three criminal groups allegedly dealing in various aspects of illegitimate business," Organised Crime Squad Commander, Detective Superintendent Scott Cook said in a statement on Sunday.

A 49-year-old man arriving in Sydney from Thailand in September 2016 allegedly carrying more than 1.1 kilo of cocaine in more than 100 capsules inside his body was charged with large commercial drug supply and knowingly participating in a criminal group.

Two men - then aged 36 and 46 - were arrested and charged with drug supply in December after allegedly supplying 1.1kg of cocaine at Pyrmont.

Following several raids across Sydney on Tuesday, police seized items including a stolen boat, cash, steroids, fireworks, mobile phones, computers and a small amount of white powder, believed to be cocaine.

Two 22-year-old men from Dee Why and Lidcombe and a 42-year-old Milperra man were arrested and charged with a string of offences including directing and participating in criminal groups, dealing with proceeds of crime, vehicle re-birthing, and money laundering.

The 22-year-old Lidcombe man is due to face Burwood Local Court on November 30 and the 42-year-old is set to appear at Bankstown Local Court on November 29.

The Dee Why man is expected to face Central Local Court on January 18.