With temperatures rising across Sunraysia, the NSW Ambulance Service has issued a warning.
No matter how quick you think you’re going to be, you should never intentionally leave a child or a pet unattended in a car.
Since September 1 2017, paramedics have tended to more than 80 reports around the state.
Chief Inspector Brian Parsell says he personally measured the temperature inside a car last summer, seeing it reach 78 degrees in just minutes.
Even in milder temperatures, babies and small children left in cars can quickly lose consciousness; which can lead to shock, organ failure, and in some cases death.
Kidsafe Victoria have mirrored the calls, with these incidents sometimes occurring in a matter of minutes.
For info on how to keep your car safe, click the link below!