Federal Member for Farrer, Sussan Ley has announced the The Australian Government have given five local community grants through their Building Better Regions Fund, totalling $122,606.
The money will go towards the following:
- $20,000 grant to help deliver Griffith’s MYSKATE festival in September 2018, a week-long arts event for youth in the Riverina based around the city’s brand new Griffith skate park.
- $17,500 towards a Griffith Affordable Housing Strategy, addressing critical areas of affordability, diversity, accessibility and innovative design, to address shortages and improve availability in the market.
- $15,606 to the Griffith & District Football Association to help deliver a 2019 Soccer Youth Cup. The event, for boys & girls aged from 6 to 17, will attract football clubs and associations from across NSW and the ACT.
- $50,000 on planning for the Moama to Echuca Bridge Arts Project, which aims to establish a visual art precinct featuring indigenous culture and history and a walk/cycle track across the existing and new Murray river bridges.
- $19,500 for a regional smartphone photography competition, with pop up exhibitions in Albury, Benalla, Griffith, Wagga Wagga and Wangaratta. Coordinated by the Personnel Group, it will allow local youth to explore their pictorial talent.
For the full list of successful round two projects, head to www.business.gov.au/bbrf