Think you know Bill Murray? Think again!
Here's a quick catch up on what we know about Bill Murray already:
1. Bill Murray is a legend who stars in some of the most beloved movies of all time like Ghostbusters, Groundhog Day, Lost In Translation, Isle of Dogs, The Royal Tenenbaums, Zombieland, Rushmore, Life Aquatic, Caddyshack... the list goes on.
2. He once crashed a bachelor party and gave the groom some very sage advice:
3. He's a well known "random guest"; so far the list includes:
- Engagement photos
- College parties
- Birthday parties (including one for a senior citizen)
- Karaoke sessions
- An "Ice Cream Social"
- A construction site (where he read poetry)
- A house party (where he did the dishes)
4. In 2010 he jumped behind the bar at SXSW and served shots of tequila (no matter what you actually ordered).
5. If you don't document your Bill Murray encounter, he is known to say "Nobody will ever believe you".
What you may not know:
1. Bill Murray is currently touring Australia with Jan Vogler and Friends
2. For all his comedy movie credits, Bill Murray is actually a big fan of music and prose; and he wants you to be too.
3. He knows it's a bit weird to be watching him recite literature whilst accompanied by a chamber trio.
Quote: "This is the bit in the show where you look at each other and say 'we could go get a burger?'... but don't!"
4. Bill Murray sings a heartfelt rendition of 'I Feel Pretty' from Westside Story. Like, he really gets into it. He also "dances".
5. He can't pronounce "Quokka". He says "Cracker? Qwakka?" Although we're not sure if this is just for his personal amusement.
6. Bill Murray could probably read the back of a chip packet and it would be great, so him reading Ernest Hemingway's Moveable Feast is really something.
- Old French guy accent - on point
- French woman accent - on point
- Other French woman accent - on point
7. Bill Murray will teach you Gershwin's It Ain't Necessarily So in a sing-a-long, and it will be your new favourite song.
8. Until he channels his inner Tom Waits with The Piano's Been Drinking and now that's your new favourite song.
9. Bill Murray will give you an appreciation for American literature and song that you never knew you needed.
10. Only Bill Murray could pull this off
If you want to experience Bill Murray in full flight, get tickets here!
Stay up to date on all things Hit Network with the app now!