A Maitland man’s been charged after he allegedly abducted a Kurri Kurri mother and sexually assaulted her.
The 36 year old is accused of breaching an AVO when he took the 33 year old woman against her will early Friday morning.
Detectives launched a major investigation, later tracking down the pair at a property near Glen Innes just after 5:30pm Saturday.
The woman was taken to hospital suffering minor injuries.
The man was arrested and taken to Glen Innes Police Station where he was charged with eight offences:
• Take/detain person with intent to obtain advantage occasioning actual bodily harm
• Aggravated sexual assault – deprive liberty (DV);
• Stalk/intimidate intend fear physical harm (DV);
• Contravene prohibition/restriction in AVO (DV);
• Police pursuit – not stop – drive dangerously (two counts)
• Demand property with menaces with intent to steal, and
• Break, enter and steal.
The man was been refused bail and is due to appear before Armidale Local Court today.