Cigarette Lighter Sparks Hunter House Fire

The home was completely destroyed

Cigarette Lighter Sparks Hunter House Fire

A house in East Gresford has burnt to the ground, after a lounge was accidentally set on fire last night.

A 78-year-old woman sparked a cigarette lighter she found underneath the lounge, when it accidentally ignited some surface spray that had been used earlier on.

The fire quickly spread and completely destroyed the home in Park Street at around 7:00pm

Everyone inside the house including five kids managed to get out safely.

The family has been left with nothing following the fire.

Donations are being collected at the Twin Rivers Cafe in East Gresford.

;