This Is All The Proof We Need To Stop Charging Our Phones In Bed

We are all guilty of doing this.

This Is All The Proof We Need To Stop Charging Our Phones In Bed

Image Credit: Warner Bros 

Firefighters have released horrific photos warning users to not charge their phones on, or in their bed.

The pictures were posted on the NewtonNHFireDepartment Facebook page and the post instantly went viral.

It has already been shared over 34,000 times with the comments being filled with people admitting they do the same thing.

Post


The pictures show a bed with scorch marks that were left behind when a charger resting in between bedsheets caught fire. 

They captioned the post with, "Research has revealed that 53 per cent of children/ teens charge their phone or tablet either on their bed or under their pillow… This can be extremely dangerous.

"The heat generated cannot dissipate and the charger will become hotter and hotter.

"The likely result is that the pillow/ bed will catch fire. This places the child/ teen as well as everyone else in the home in great danger.

"Please check where you and your family charge your mobile devices."

This is a wake up call to so many, we are all guilty of doing this.

;