A woman is being treated at Coffs Harbour Base Hospital following a house fire on the Mid North Coast yesterday.
The lady risked her own life to save her dog at Tamban, south of Macksville, before 1pm on Sunday.
According to NSW RFS, Firefighters responded after the alarm was raised at 12:45pm, arriving to find two homes alight as well as two cars.
It is understood the woman in her 50’s went back into the house to rescue her dog before having to escape the fire by jumping 4 metres out of a window.
NSW Ambulance Paramedics transported the woman to Coffs Harbour Hospital with a suspected broken ankle, while a man was taken to Macksville Hospital with burns to his hands.
Crews took just over an hour to bring the blaze under control.
The fire is not being treated as suspicious, however asbestos has been located. Crews are working to decontaminate the area.