The Victorian government has sifted through more than 50,000 suggestions and revealed the names of the five new stations to be opened as part of the Metro Tunnel Project.
Sadly, Trainy McTrainface didn't make the cut.
- Franklin Street (CBD North): State Library Station
- Station under City Square (CBD South) to be called Town Hall Station
- Underground station next to Shrine of Remembrance (Domain): Anzac Station
- Near Melbourne University: Parkville Station
- Arden: North Melbourne Station
While the existing North Melbourne Station will be renamed West Melbourne to better reflect its location.