Images: Instagram @omar_mainecoon
Social media's going bonkers for this big Aussie cat - Omar - and he may even be the longest cat in the world.
Omar is a maine coon who tips the scales at a whopping 14kg - that's three times the size of a normal kitty and the three-year-old from the leafy eastern suburb of Croydon, Victoria is very popular on Instagram.
The current record holder of the longest cat in the world is in the UK, also a maine coon, Ludo measured in at 118.33cm long in October 2015.
Although, the Aussie owners of Omar - who have had him since he was a kitten - believe he measures about 120 centimetres and may not be fully grown yet.
Facts about Omar:
- Weighs 14kg
- Was 10kg at 1-year old
- Wakes most days at 5am for breakfast
- Eats a couple of scoops of kibble specially made for maine coons
- Enjoys napping outside on the trampoline
- Eats raw kangaroo for dinner
- Likes playing hide and seek in small places like the kitchen cupboard
- Temperament is placid
- Sleeps on the couch - because he takes up too much room on the bed.
- Instagram: @omar_mainecoon