Image: Victoria Police
Nearly a year since the disappearance and murder of Avondale Heights mother Karen Ristevski, police say they have new clues which could provide a vital breakthrough in the case.
Detectives have CCTV footage from the day she went missing, of a distinctive black Mercedes-Benz SLK going over the Diggers Rest railway crossing on Wednesday June 29 towards where her body was found at Mount Macedon.
The vision shows the suspect vehicle travelling north-west along the Old Calder Highway and crossing the Diggers Rest railway crossing, about 11.12am that day.
Police are urging that any owners or drivers of black 2004 to 2006 Mercedes Benz coupes, who have not yet been approached to get in touch.
Detectives have already spoken to the registered owners of similar vehicles, relating to their activities on this particular date, however there are a small number of owners that still need to be spoken to.
Detectives are keen to speak with anyone again, regardless of whether they have spoken to police in the past about such sightings, to ensure that no stone is left unturned.
Vehicles depicted in order are:
1. White coloured ‘Ford’ ‘Ranger’ single cab ute, towing dual axel trailer with yellow coloured mini-excavator on it.
2. Black coloured ‘Holden’ ‘Commodore’ ute. Fitted with black coloured canopy.
3. Maroon coloured ‘Nissan’ ‘Patrol’ four-wheel drive wagon. Has black coloured roof rack on roof. Has 1 X spare tyre affixed to rear door.
4. White coloured ‘Honda’ ‘Jazz’ wagon.
5. Silver coloured ‘Kia’ ‘Rio’ wagon.
Anyone with any information whatsoever, in relation to the disappearance of Karen is urged to contact Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or submit a confidential crime report to crimestoppersvic.com.au