Victoria's Health Department has issued a measles alert following confirmation a person who travelled to the city from Denpasar had the disease.
The patient was infectious when they boarded Qantas flight QF44 to Sydney arriving at 6:25am.
They then travelled on Qantas flight QF415 to Melbourne touching down at 10:35am.
The person remained at Tullamarine Airport until midday and then travelled to Lentil As Anything at Abbotsford Convent from 2pm until 3pm.
It's the city's third measles alert in March and all are believed to have been contracted internationally.
The incubation period for the highly contagious disease is between seven to 18 days.
Symptoms include fever, general discomfort, runny nose, dry cough, sore and red eyes, red and bluish spots inside the mouth; and red and blotchy skin that appears first on the face and hairline and then spread to the body.
- Saturday 3 March - Flinders Backpackers (Elizabeth Street, Melbourne), Flinders Street Railway Station, tram routes 16 and 96 to and from St. Kilda beach, St Kilda beach
- Sunday 4 March - Flinders Backpackers, Coles Central (Flinders and Elizabeth St), McDonalds (Elizabeth St)
- Monday 5 March - Flinders Backpackers, Phillip Island: Nobbies Visitor Centre Café
- Tuesday 6 March - Flinders Backpackers, Westpac bank (Elizabeth Street), Medicare office (Galleria Shopping Centre, Bourke Street)
- Wednesday 7 March - Flinders Backpackers, multiple sites along the Great Ocean Road between Geelong and Warrnambool
- Wednesday 7 March - AirAsia flight D7214 from Kuala Lumpur to Melbourne and at Tullamarine Airport from 9.30am until midday
- Saturday 10 March - Qantas flight QF44 from Denpasar to Sydney arriving at 06.25am, Qantas flight QF 415 from Sydney to Melbourne, arriving at 10.35am, Tullamarine Airport until midday and Lentil as Anything restaurant at Abbotsford Convent from 2pm until 3pm.
The highest risk is to those who are partially or unvaccinated against the disease.
Anyone with a number of symptoms should immediately notify the Department on 1300 651 160.