Millicent Police are reminding members of the community to remain vigilant with their personal property after a handbag was stolen from a parked car last night.
About 10.45pm on Wednesday 31 January, a hand bag and its contents were stolen from a car parked in a shopping centre car park on Davenport Street, Millicent. Thieves smashed the front passenger window of the car and stole the handbag which had been left in plain view on the seat.
Anyone with information about the incident is asked to call Crime Stoppers on 1800 333 000 or online at http://crimestopperssa.com.au
To reduce your chances of becoming a victim of theft, please consider the following security tips.
- Ensure all valuables are removed from your vehicle or conceal them in the boot of the vehicle before arriving at your destination.
- Lock your vehicle doors and close windows.
- Install an audible alarm.
- At night park your vehicle in a well-lit area.
- Engrave your valuables with your driver’s license number prefixed with ‘S’ for South Australia.
- Park your vehicle in a garage at night where possible.
- Avoid hiding a second set of keys in the vehicle - if the vehicle is broken into, they may find the keys and take the car as well as your valuables.
- Avoid placing bags and wallets on the passenger seat where they could be easily grabbed.
Thieves will look into vehicles to see what items can be easily stolen. Even a small amount of cash may be the catalyst for becoming a target. Ensure you conceal or remove all cash and valuable items from your vehicle.
Public urged to remove valuables from cars - Millicent
Riverland traffic offences
Police want to identify man at Salisbury
Teens reported over stolen property - Mt Gambier
Group arrested after trying to break into pop-up bar