A 42-year-old man's found Gold Coast police waiting for him at the airport when he hopped off a plane from Thailand last night.
He arrived in Australia on Tuesday and was immediately arrested.
The man was charged with 168 offences including rape and possession of child exploitation material, over alleged incidents on the Gold Coast between 2003 and 2005.
He's due to face court in Brisbane on Wednesday on the following charges:
· 74 counts of possessing child exploitation material
· 39 counts of indecent treatment of a child under 16
· 29 counts of rape
· 7 counts of deprivation of liberty
· 6 counts of involve child in making child exploitation material
· 5 counts of torture
· 2 counts of serious assault