A 28-year-old man has been taken to Robina Hospital with welts to his neck, chest, arms and wrists, after getting stung in the water at Burleigh Heads yesterday.
The man called an ambulance from Acanthus Avenue when the pain became too intense around 6:25 on Monday night, about half an hour after getting stung.
The Queensland Ambulance Service said as well as the painful welts, the man was also suffering from abdominal pain.
Paramedics transported him to hospital in a stable condition.
It's not known if he was stung by a bluebottle or jellyfish.