An ALL CLEAR advice has been issued for people within the vicinity of Stokes National Park, 100km west of Esperance in the Shire of Esperance.
- Firefighters will monitor the area for the rest of the day/night
- The danger has passed but you need to remain vigilant in case the situation changes.
WHAT TO DO:
- Drive slowly and with caution due to smoke and emergency services personnel working in the area.
ROAD CLOSURES AND CONDITIONS:
Avoid the area and be aware of fire and emergency services personnel working on site.
Skippy Rock Track will remain closed for the rest of the day
Motorists are asked to avoid the area, reduce speed and drive carefully due to smoke.
Road information may also be available from Main Roads WA by calling 138 138 or visiting www.mainroads.wa.gov.au OR SHIRE OF ESPERANCE.
Skippy Rock Campground will remain closed for the rest of the day
WHAT FIREFIGHTERS ARE DOING:
- Firefighters are monitoring the area for the rest of the day..
- The fire was reported at 08:05 PM on 11 December 2017 and currently there has been 100 hectares burnt.
- The cause of the fire is lightning.
- Parks and Wildlife Service is now managing the fire.
KEEP UP TO DATE:
Visit www.emergency.wa.gov.au, call 13 DFES (13 3337), follow DFES on Twitter: https://twitter.com/dfes_wa, Facebook: https://facebook.com/dfeswa/, listen to ABC Local Radio or listen to news bulletins.