Investigations Following House Fire In West Dubbo

Cause Of Blaze Yet To Be Determined

Investigations to determine the cause of a house fire in West Dubbo on Saturday night are ongoing, with examinations hampered by the likely presence of asbestos in the old building.

Fire and Rescue were called to O'Donnell Street at around 7:20pm to find part of the house and the roof alight upon arrival.

Crews in breathing apparatus entered and extinguished the blaze, however, ceiling panels were pulled down to access fire in the roof.

Due to the age of the home, an exclusion zone was set up to ensure that crews were safe from asbestos which might have been a concern.

The property has suffered substantial smoke and fire damage, but thankfully no one was home and there were no injuries.

The cause of the blaze is yet to be determined.