Man airlifted after crashing stolen truck into home

Stole vehicle from Wyong servo.

Man airlifted after crashing stolen truck into home

Photo: Brett Hevers/facebook


Following investigation, police attached to the Tuggerah Lakes Local Area Command have charged a 25-year-old man with robbery, unlicensed driving and negligent driving this afternoon.

The man was refused bail and will next appear in Gosford Local Court on 21 August 2017.

He remains under guard in hospital.



Tuggerah Lakes Police are seeking witnesses to last night's STOLEN TRUCK crash at WATANOBBI to contact CRIME STOPPERS.

It's alleged a YOUNG MAN took the delivery vehicle from a SEVEN-ELEVEN on the PACIFIC HIGHWAY at WYONG around 11...and was last seen travelling NORTH at HIGH SPEED along the roadway.

Police say he lost control on a roundabout and careered down an embankment crashing into TWO HOUSES in GLENEAGLES PLACE.

BOTH properties were extensively damaged.

He was airlifted to hospital in a critical condition but POLICE say he's now STABLE.

UPDATE 9AM: A man remains in a critical condition after stealing a delivery truck from a Seven-Eleven in Wyong and crashing into the back of a home about a kilometre away at Watanobbi overnight.

A big clean-up is now underway with Milk, Donuts and Sandwiches left strewn across the back-yard in Gleneagles Place - leaving another Ten-plus servos without stock this morning.

Witness Jeremy Hurst, who followed the truck, has told Channel Seven the driver wasn't wearing a seatbelt and went through the windscreen. 



EARLIER: A man has been airlifted to hospital after crashing a stolen truck into a house at Watanobbi last night.

Just after 11pm last night, police have been told, the man stole a delivery truck from a service station on the Pacific Highway at Wyong.

The man failed to negotiate the bend at a nearby roundabout before the vehicle plunged through the intersection, down an embankment and into the rear of a house in Gleneagles Place, Watanobbi.

The man suffered severe head injuries and was airlifted to Royal North Shore Hospital in a critical condition.

The residents inside the home, two adults and two youths, were not injured.

Police attached to the Tuggerah Lakes Local Area Command are investigating the incident.