CAT RESUSCITATED AFTER HOUSE FIRE

String of Canberra house fires

CAT RESUSCITATED AFTER HOUSE FIRE

By Renee Bogatko, Image Credit – Leigh Curtis, ESA

A cat had to be resuscitated after a fire broke out at a Chisholm home.

Fire crews were called to the home in Nina Jones Crescent around 9:15am yesterday morning, where they put out a kitchen fire caused by an electrical fault.

It’s believed the residents were out of town.

The family cat, Moke, was found inside.

Firies used an oxygen mask on Moke until the cat regained consciousness about 15 minutes later, then started looking for a drink.

Moke was taken to a vet for further treatment.

The blaze came just hours after a fire gutted another southside home, this one, in Isabella Plains.

Firies were called to the house on Leibnitz Place just after midnight Monday morning, and arrived to find the house engulfed in flames.

It’s believed the residents were also away on holidays at the time.

The roof of the brick veneer home collapsed under the heat.

It’s not yet known what started this blaze, but an investigation’s underway.

While, crews are also looking into what started a fire at the AXIS apartments in Lyneham on New Year’s Eve.

Firies quickly put out the blaze on the eighth floor apartment, before it could spread.

No one was hurt.

;