Not everyone is on the same page when it comes to Halloween. While some of us relish the opportunity to dress up - others could think of nothing worse than trick-or-treaters knocking on the door.
To help you indicate whether you would enjoy a knock on the door come October 31, the Queensland Police Service has created some handy posters which you can use to thwart the witches and wizards or invite them in!
You can also download a copy of the no thanks poster here.
Whilst we all love a good scare and enjoy the kooky, spooky and altogether ooky-ness of Halloween, the safety of children is paramount.
To make sure your Halloween doesn’t become a nightmare, trick or treaters should:
- Be accompanied by an adult monster at all times (or a responsible witch, ghost or vampire);
- Always walk, not run, between houses and stick to the footpath rather than the road;
- Wear bright colours to enhance your visibility to passing motorists;
- Never enter a stranger’s house, even if they have invited you in after knocking on their door; and
- Consider joining your friends on a neighbourhood adventure – there is safety in numbers for little witches and ghouls.