If your daily commute includes a trip through the intersection of Greenbank Road and Mount Lindesay Highway at North Maclean, it might be worth taking it a little slower through the area.
Not only has the intersection ranked as the worst blackspot in greater Brisbane, but number one in the state according to the RACQ's latest list of most dangerous intersections for serious crashes in Queensland.
Crash frequency data released by the motoring body has revealed more than 43 collisions at the worst intersection hotspots resulted in 63 casualties, between July 2014 and June 2017.
Head of Public Policy Rebecca Michael said drivers aren't giving way correctly on the unsignalised T-intersection located on a busy, high speed road.
"Crashes like these can be avoided by taking your time, giving way correctly, following a safe distance and obeying traffic signals and signs," she said.
The state government has recently announced works to improve safety on the intersection, including signals and a new adjourning service road, but Michael said continued investment is needed on other hotspots across the south-east.
"We need our politicians to come to the table here – our federal, state and local representatives need to step up their game."
Here's the RACQ's top 10 list of intersections with the greatest frequency of crashes (2014 - 2017):
1. Greenbank Rd and Mount Lindesay Hwy, North Maclean - 9 serious crashes / 13 casualties.
2. Clifford St and Gold Coast Hwy/ Remembrance Dr, Surfers Paradise - 8 serious crashes / 20 casualties.
3. Tennyson St and Victoria St, Mackay - 8 serious crashes / 9 casualties.
4. Beerburrum Rd and Pumicestone Rd, Caboolture - 7 serious crashes / 14 casualties.
5. Newnham Rd and Wecker Rd, Mount Gravatt East - 7 serious crashes / 9 casualties.
6. Gympie Arterial Rd and Webster Rd, Aspley - 7 serious crashes / 8 casualties.
7. Brunswick St and McLachlan St, Fortitude Valley - 7 serious crashes / 8 casualties.
8. Gipps Street St and Wickham St, Fortitude Valley - 6 serious crashes / 11 casualties.
9. Scottsdale Dr and Stapley Dr/ Bayswater Ave, Varsity Lakes - 6 serious crashes / 10 casualties.
10. Pacific Hwy, On Ramp / Movieworld Access Rd, Oxenford - 6 serious crashes / 8 casualties.