This mini home workout challenge will keep you moving through winter. All you have to do is tackle one bite-sized sweat challenge every day, for 40 days. You can do that, right?
But why are we asking you to do this in the first place? Well it’s a bit of a BUF Girls tradition!
Every winter we run a 40-day challenge to help to keep as many people as possible consistent with their training throughout the coldest months of the year.
Sometimes it’s the smallest daily actions that fuel the big healthy habits!
How to get involved
Below is a list of 40 small challenges – simply print them off, stick them on your fridge and do each day’s mini workout challenge as it comes up. This may not be a life-changing exercise program but it could be that little nudge you need to keep moving over winter and who knows, might even inspire you to really step up your winter game!
Choose any start date that works for you, or kick off with BUF Girls around the country on June 13th.
Don’t know what a few of the exercises are? No worries, they’re all standard moves, so just pop them into Google for a how-to.
Oh and if you’ve got kids, get them involved – they LOVE this challenge!
Your 40 Days of Exercise
- 100 Squats
- 10 Push-Ups x 10 sets throughout the day (TV ad breaks have never looked so energising!)
- 10 Lunge Jumps + 10 second rest x 8 sets
- 10 High Knees + 10 Mountain Climbers x 10 sets
- Tabata Burpees! Do 20 seconds of Burpees followed by a 10 second rest for 4 minutes in total!
- 100 Bicycle Crunches
- 10 Star Jumps whenever your phone rings ;-)
- 20 seconds of Squat Jumps + 20 seconds rest x 6 sets
- 10 seconds High Knees + 10 seconds rest for 3 minutes
- 100 Body Weight Plank Rows
- 45 seconds of Walking Lunges + 15 seconds rest x 4 sets
- 2 Burpees every time you send a text ;-)
- Tabata Plank Hold! Plank for 20 seconds followed by a 10 second rest for 4 minutes in total!
- 100 Crunches
- 30 Tricep Dips
- 10 seconds of Star Jumps + 10 seconds rest for 2 minutes
- 40 1-Leg Hip Raises each side (elevate your foot to make it harder)
- 60 seconds of Squats + 60 second Plank Hold x 2 sets
- 5 Tuck Jumps x 5 sets throughout the day
- 100 Superman Rows
- Reverse Lunge around your house when you need to get up
- Tabata Bicycle Crunches! Do 20 seconds of Bicycle Crunches followed by 10 seconds rest for 4 minutes in total!
- 80 Squat to Kick
- 20 Lateral Lunges x 6 sets throughout the day
- 50 Lateral Skaters
- 20 seconds Reverse Lunge to Hop (left side) + 20 seconds (on right) + 20 seconds rest x 4 sets
- 60 Russian Twists x 4 sets throughout the day
- 20 Burpee Star Jumps at sunrise and sunset
- 100 High Knees + 50 Mountain Climbers x 3 sets
- 10 Squats + 10 Squat Jumps x 6 sets
- 10 Burpees + 30 seconds rest x 4 sets
- 100 Star Jumps
- 20 Full Sit Ups + 40 Jump Lunges x 2 sets
- 80 High Knees + 8 Lateral Skaters x 4 sets
- 40 seconds Reverse Lunges + 20 seconds Jump Lunges x 3 sets
- 50 Hip Raises + 50 Star Jumps
- 50 Push-Ups
- 30 seconds Bicycle Crunches + 30 second Plank Hold x 3 sets
- 10 Star Jumps whenever you look at the time
- 40 reps of your 4 favourite exercises!
Keen to get involved with the BUF Girls 40-Day challenge live? Hit up bufgirls.com and see if there’s a local BUF bootcamp near you!