If you love ANZAC bikkies but are trying hard to steer away from recipes packed with sugar, try this delicious guilt-free version from our fitness experts the BUF Girls. Your taste buds will never know the difference… but your body will thank you for it.
Malted Oat ANZAC Cookies
Melt in a saucepan:
- 125g butter
- 1 tsp bi carb (dissolved in a splash of water)
- 1 tbsp rice malt syrup
- 1/2 cup coconut sugar
- 1 cup oats
- 1/2 cup desiccated coconut
- 3/4 cup spelt flour
Now do this:
- Mix together until combined well.
- Form into balls (which are delicious snacks in their own right) and press down with a fork.
- Bake on 140 degrees C for 10 minutes, or until just golden.
- Allow them to cool on the tray before removing.
This recipe comes from BUF partner The Kitchen Whizz