This easy, covers-all-nutrition-bases recipe is from our latest health obsession, the Totally BUF book from former Biggest Loser trainer, Libby Babet and her BUF Girls team.
The chicken is optional – you can leave it out or replace it with avocado if you really want to amp up the antioxidant factor after a few big days (or nights!).
BUF Girls’ Tip: The cinnamon and olive oil in the dressing are particularly anti-inflammatory, so don’t be afraid to drizzle generously.
What You’ll Need (Serves 2)
- 2 cups of pumpkin, cut into cubes
- 2 cups rocket
- 1 capsicum, diced
- 8 cherry tomatoes, cut in halves
- 1 Lebanese cucumber, diced
- 1 lemon
- 200g chicken breast, cut into small pieces OR quarter to half avocado
- 1/2 cup quinoa
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon sea salt
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- 1 tablespoon tahini
- sea salt and pepper
What You’ll Do
- Preheat oven to 180°C and line a tray with baking paper.
- In a bowl, toss the pumpkin cubes and chicken with the olive oil, cinnamon and salt.
- Place the pumpkin and chicken on the lined tray and cook in the oven for 20 minutes, or until chicken is cooked through.
- To cook the quinoa, add 1/2 cup quinoa and 1 cup of water to a saucepan and bring to the boil. Once, boiling, turn the heat down to a simmer and cook with the lid on for 15 minutes, until the water has absorbed and quinoa is cooked. You may need to add extra water. (Yields 1 1/2 cups of cooked quinoa).
- Once all the cooked elements are complete, it’s time to build your bowl!
- Arrange the rocket, capsicum, cherry tomatoes, cucumber, chicken, pumpkin, quinoa and avocado in your bowl. Finish with a drizzle of tahini and a squeeze of lemon juice. Season with salt and pepper.